The construction and design of a well-planned shop fitting in Durban should incorporate exemplary architecture, high-res graphic design, interior design, strategically-placed advertising, and superior ergonomics. Coincidentally, all these elements also play into your visual merchandising, the art of visual display of your shop.
A well-executed visual merchandising and shop fittings in Durban, South Africa create a feast for the customer’s eye, all while also taking into account other elements such as ease of shopping and traffic flow. Shopfitting Durban and retail design usually place more emphasis on your retail space. However, having the flexibility to mash your visual merchandising efforts and shopfitting is not only a huge money saver but also saves time.
Here are some few tips to help you make the most of the two — visual merchandising and shopfitting in Durban.
Take Advantage of Colours
Colour choice is a key decision when it comes to visual merchandising, but can also influence your shop fitting Durban. Overall, the right colour can help grab the attention of the customers and encourage them to step into your shop quickly.
* Entrance: use stand-out colours like orange, brown and red on your entrance fitouts to draw the attention of passers-by. This is especially crucial if your shop is new in the area.
* In-Shop: use cool colours such as green and blue in your store interiors to keep inside your store calm.
* Displays: use emotional colours to keep the customer entertained, and create an unforgettable shopping experience.
Leverage the Power of Fittings and Fixtures
Fixtures and fittings are critical components of shopfitting in Durban, but they can also help spruce up your visual merchandising.
* Keep product display fittings/fixtures are eye-level or above-eye-level, primarily if you sell apparel or small items
* Keep fitting and fixtures for products that can be paired together (e.g., shoes and pants) close
* Focus more on shop fittings Durban South Africa for products close to the counter to help increase sales
Make use of Signage
Great signage improves brand value and sales for your shop.
Include spotlights and other types of lights in your shop fitting in Durban to enhance visual merchandising. Generally, you want to keep lighting bright enough. However, if you’re going to generate a calm or cool environment, try coloured fluorescents.
Take Advantage of Window Displays
- Use unique window fittings and displays as customers are attracted by things they haven’t seen before
- Organize to display your best features/products by the window